Request a Free Quote
Movers in Jacksonville FL
Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful for family, friends and all the things in your life. It is a time for fellowship, food, football…
All children love Halloween. It is the one day where they can dress up like their favorite character and eat copious amounts of candy. As…
Technology has made commerce easy. It has also made the ability to be scammed by less than reputable companies even easier. So how do you…
Let’s face it not all of us are organized; however one of the more important times when you want to be organized is when you…
DON"T BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY MOVERS No one likes to move. It causes stress and can be a daunting task to take on by…
Moving can be exciting and it can also be a decision your significant other is against. As with any relationship compromise is the key when…
You found a dwelling you fell in love with; and now you have finally moved in. What comes next? What should you do after all…
Do you want to move from your old apartment or house and are aiming to find cheaper help and save costs on moving? Moving homes…
Is your current house too big for you? Have your kids left for college and now it’s just you and your partner? When there are…
Are you planning to move soon? Looking for the right long distance movers? Moving is always difficult and can be a personal and financial burden,…
Local Moving Services
At Royal Moving and Storage we can handle any move. Whether you are moving within Northeast FL or re-locating to another city, we have the trucks and staff to handle it all. Our Jacksonville movers are fully staffed employees who are professionally trained in both, proper moving techniques and safety compliance. We are also fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your items are completely protected. Our goal with every move is to exceed our customers’ expectations.
If you live in a gated community, condo high rise or apartment complex, we work with you and your association to make sure we are 100% compliant with the rules and regulations of your community. Prior to starting any move, we discuss a plan of action for your upcoming move. This includes:
1. Addresses of current and future residence
2. Date of move
3. Number of rooms we will be moving
4. Estimate of furniture (bedroom sets, couches, tables, chairs, desks, appliances, etc…)
5. Number of floors our professional movers will be navigating with your furniture
6. Your timeline for the move
7. If you have any specialty items we will be moving (Fine Art, Piano, Large Safes, Pool Table, Fish Tank, etc..)
8. Will Royal Moving and Storage be providing packing and un-packing services
9. Will you need us to provide moving supplies (Boxes, tape, packing tape, bubble wrap, stretch wrap, etc…)
10. Will we be storing your items in our climate controlled storage facility
With every move we try to be as thorough as we can so there are never any surprises. As one of the top moving companies in Jacksonville, with over 30 years of experience, we are very good at planning and executing a move. If you would like to discuss your upcoming move with one of our moving professionals contact us today at (904) 724-6683.
Long Distance Moving Services
Are you moving to a new city? Planning a re-location move can be very stressful. You are starting over and have many things that you have to deal with prior to the actual move itself. One thing you should never do is try to tackle a long distance move on your own. At Royal Moving and Storage we have been re-locating homeowners and businesses for over 30 years. We offer full service moving for all of our long distance moves, which include:
• Planning: we plan your move from beginning to end.
• Furniture disassemble when needed.
• Provide moving materials (Packing supplies, boxes, tape, etc…)
• We provide packing services for your household items.
• We move your belongings onto the truck and secure them properly
• We drive to the new location.
• We unload the belongings from the truck to your new home.
• We can unpack your items and furniture per your instructions
• We can also re-assemble furniture
• And much more……..
If you are in the process of planning a re-location move contact Royal Moving and Storage today for a free consultation. We can help you plan your move and provide you with expert advice on things you should do prior to your move. If you would like more information on how Royal Moving and Storage can assist you, call us now (904) 724-6683.
Choosing The Right Moving Company in Jacksonville
Many of us have had negative experiences with companies at one time or another. The last thing you want is to have a negative experience when moving. There are several things you can do to safe guard yourself from choosing the wrong Jacksonville moving company. Below are some common things to be aware of when shopping moving companies.
5 Moving Red Flags To Be Aware Of:
1. Extremely Low Quotations- if a moving company offers you a quotation that is significantly less than other quotes you receive, be careful because most of the time it is too good to be true. A tactic many not so reputable movers employ is to give you an extremely low quote, then charge you additional fees for every task they complete, which increases your move by double or more.
2. Verbal Estimates/No Contract- never hire a company that doesn’t provide you with a written estimate. Verbal estimates provide you with no safeguards in the event they bait and switch you on your moving day. Many times they will hold your contents hostage until they receive payment, which often times is 2-3 times more than what was quoted over the phone. Also it is your word against theirs and you will never win unless you have proof in writing of the quote.
3. Large Upfront Deposits- typically movers will ask for a small deposit to hold your date, which is normal, however if a moving company asks you for the full amount upfront prior to your moving date be wary. You could pay the fee and find out the day of your move no one is showing up to move you.
4. Lack of References- you should always ask for references. If a moving company does not have any references they can provide or their online reputation is horrible when you research them you should stay away.
5. Lack of Credentials- if a moving company is not able to provide you with proof of insurance, DOT #, Motor Carrier # or some proof of licensure stay away.
Tips To Choosing the Right Mover
1. Ask Family and Friends For References: Your family and close friends will never steer you wrong. Always ask them who they have used and for their recommendations.
2. Do Your Own Research: Go to Google+, Yelp, Angies List and other online resources to see how long the company has been in business, look at their online reviews, see if they have won awards, are they part of industry specific associations, are they licensed and insured, and how do they handle themselves on the phone?
3. Acquire Contracts: a reputable mover will always provide you written contracts and estimates.
4. Ask Questions: a reputable mover will take time with you on the phone and answer all of your questions in a professional and thorough manner. They will also have no problem providing you with information or proof of licensing and insurance.
5. Longevity: a company that has been in business for decades is typically a good bet. You can’t stay in business that long by providing poor service or by being dishonest without word getting around.
Do your homework and use your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right or if you have an uneasy feeling based on your interaction it is probably best to stay away.
Why Choose Royal Moving and Storage?
With over 30 years of experience, Royal Moving and storage has been the premier moving company in Jacksonville FL. We have moved thousands of people throughout Northeast Florida and have a stellar reputation. We pride ourselves in our honesty, professionalism and customer service. If you would like a free moving quote contact us today (904) 724-6683.