If you have ever planned a move you know that the move date fast approaches, and you are scrambling to get the items on your list completed. It is inevitable that you will forget something, below is a list of some of the more common things people forget to do prior to their move.
- Cancel You Memberships. If you are moving to a different part of town, or even out of state you want to make sure you cancel your memberships to things you will no longer use. A perfect example is a local gym membership, Yoga class, or tanning salon. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the cancellation policies for all of your monthly memberships, this way you don’t waste money on things you will no longer be using. Also make sure subscriptions you will continue to use (Medications, Amazon, Comcast, etc….) that you reach out to those companies and make the necessary address change reflects your new home address.
- Pack Your Miscellaneous Items. When moving most of us typically forget the items that are bracketed, or braced to a wall. Make sure you remove and pack items like curtain rods, shower rods, mirrors, hanging hooks, screws, etc…these can all be reused for your next home. Also don’t forget any outdoor items you may want as well, such as potted plants, locks, yard hoses, and anything decorative you will want for your new yard.
- Free Boxes. Moving can be expensive, whether you are moving on your own or you are hiring a moving company in St Augustine. We all want to move on a budget. A good way to save some extra money is by scoring free moving boxes. Any large store such as a local Walmart, grocery store will always have boxes that they are more than happy to get rid of. If that doesn’t work go on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to see if anyone is getting rid of boxes or extra packing material.
- Personal Records. This is one of the last things we think about when moving. You will want to have these records on file prior to moving, especially if you are choosing new medical providers after your move. You can either contact your physicians ahead of time letting them know you will either need the records transferred to your new physician or a physical copy that you can provide to your new doctor. Also if you have pest make sure you get Veterinary records for your animal(s). Lastly, if you have children that are in school make sure you get their school records as well. To save yourself some headache, make sure you change your address with the post office a week prior to your move date, as well as the DMV and IRS.
- Plan Your Move Day. If you have ever experienced a move you know your move day is stressful, chaotic, and exhausting. You are always left with last minute tasks that need to be completed. Make sure you plan ahead so that you are not left unprepared during the move and after the move. Often times people who are right in the middle of a move forget to pack an overnight bag of fresh clothes and toiletries. Creating a task list that you follow can really help organize the essential tasks that you can complete prior to your move date.
Why Hire Royal Moving and Storage?
Royal Moving and Storage is a St. Augustine mover who has moved thousands of people throughout Northeast Florida. With over 30 years of experience and a stellar reputation, we strive to make sure that every client’s move is stress-free and that they are satisfied with our service. If you are in the process of planning a move contact Royal Moving and Storage today to speak with one of our moving specialists. They can provide you with tips and moving advice to assist you with your upcoming move. Call today for a free estimate (904) 724-6683.