Moving tips that can help take the stress out of your next move
- Start packing as early as one month before; you can buy boxes, packing supplies (markers, etc.) and tape.
- Label all boxes as soon as you're done packing them (e.g. "Bathroom", "Bedroom", "Kitchen"). When labeling, draw an arrow on the box to indicate which side is the top of the box and write the room label on multiple sides.
- Wrap all glassware, china, and breakables individually in towels or packing material. If you're trying to save money, wrap each item in newspaper! Don't be tempted to cram items together--they'll "clink" and break.
- Pack all boxes TO capacity. Boxes that are under-filled are more likely to be crushed and boxes that are overfilled can tear or fall apart. Boxes should weigh about 25-30 lbs each.
- Disconnect major appliances. Refrigerator, washer and dryer, etc. should all be disconnected, defrosted, and dried out.
- For each member of your household, you'll want to pack a few nights' worth of clothes, bedding, toiletries, etc. and dishware for meals. Remember that it will take you some time to UNPACK on the other end!
- On your moving day, enjoy! Since you've prepared so well, just relax while ROYAL MOVING & STORAGE CO. loads your well-packed boxes onto the truck!